STIMA Opleiding - 3 TOP EXPERTS FROM 3 LEADING BUSINESS SCHOOLS
A unique opportunity for Marketing Managers and Marketing Directors to come in contact with captivating experts, renown in the world. Participants can choose their sessions. Limited number of participants Participants are awarded a certificate, signed by each of the professors for the session they attended.
Day 1 - 21 april 2017
New pricing strategies: e-commerce versus classic wholesale/retail
Pricing is an area of business that seasoned executives and budding entrepreneurs alike seldom talk about with enthusiasm. In fact, although most businesspeople understand that pricing decisions can truly make or break a company’s bottom line, they tend to tackle today’s demanding markets without the aid of a carefully crafted strategy. As a result, pricing policies are little more than collections of tactics held together by questionable assumptions and crude heuristics that, in many circumstances, put financial and brand health in jeopardy. Pricing as strategy should be pragmatic, action-oriented study of the different and at times surprising roles that it plays in capturing, communicating, and even increasing a firm’s competitive advantage.
Professor Oded Koenigsberg – LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL
The objective of this meeting is to help the audience to address strategic and tactical pricing issues (including e-commerce versus classic wholesale/retail, the introduction of prices when consumer valuations are uncertain or self-serving behaviour in price-quality competition) and to recognize the necessary data needed to make superior pricing decisions.
- Researches on incorporating logistical constraints into firms’ marketing decisions (pricing, product design, distribution channels, product line and marketing of durable goods).
- He develops models that attempt to incorporate the cross-functional aspects of firms’ marketing management decisions
- Teacher Pricing Strategy and Tactics elective on the MBA programme.
- Member of editorial boards of Marketing Science, the Journal of Production and Operations Management, the International Journal of Research in Marketing and the Journal of Retailing.
- Senior Editor of the Journal of Production and Operations Management and an Associate Editor of the International Journal of Research in Marketing.
- Consultant on pricing, distribution channel (supply chain) and incentives.
Day 2 - 12 May 2017
Consumer decisions to search and purchase products online
There has been considerable research and applications in Marketing on consumer’s purchase decisions. In part because of lack of data, pre-purchase decisions (e.g., when the consumer’s search for information about products) and post-purchase decisions (e.g., how much usage a product gets after it was bought).
Professor Paulo Albuquerque - Professor of Marketing at INSEAD
This day is going to be divided into two distinct parts.
- In the morning session, we will go over multiple approaches to understand how consumers obtain information before purchase, and discuss the design and introduction of a product based on online search patterns by consumers.
- In the afternoon session, we will the cover a second important set of consumer decisions: product usage and implicit consumer satisfaction. We will discuss and elaborate on how managers can create customer satisfaction indices based on the actions done by consumers.
- Product Manager and Trade Marketing Manager at Warner Lambert Portugal (Listerine, Trident, and Halls).
- Ph.D. in Management from the UCLA Anderson School of Management.
- Faculty Director of the MBA program at the Simon Business School, University of Rochester. Lecturer marketing core course and elective class on distribution channels (8years). Best teaching award in 2012 and 2013.
- Researches on several marketing areas, including firm decisions to introduce new products, how products are adopted and sales spread across different markets, and consumer decisions to search and buy products online.
- Publications in several top marketing academic journals: Marketing Science, Journal of Marketing Research, Management Science.
- His recent projects used data from some of the most known firms and products, such as Amazon.com and Hewlett-Packard. Currently he studies the role of social media in political races, and how much and for how long consumers use products (o.a. using data from the popular game World of Warcraft)
Day 3 - 19 May 2017
Advanced negotiation techniques
As a marketing manager you constantly negotiate with service providers and within your own organisation.
Professor Tim Cullen – Director of the OXFORD NEGOCIATION SCHOOL
Tim Cullen will explore two building blocks to successful negotiation: decision-making and persuasion, and go on to lay out a range of strategies to enable all parties to achieve positive results. Five skills -information gathering, rational decision-making, persuasion, innovation, and implementation- constitute the negotiator’s tool kit.
Complex negotiation scenarios which provide a range of competitive and cooperative negotiation strategies will be analysed. This session will help you shape important deals, negotiate in uncertain environments, create more value, and resolve seemingly intractable disputes.
- Teacher at Saïd Business School
- Head of TCA International Policy Management (consulting firm), which focuses on issues of economic development, governance and integrity, and the management of reputational risk/opportunities for countries and companies.
- Commissioner on the Financial Supervision Commission of the Isle of Man Government.
- Professional career:
- Ford Motor Company (UK and in Dearborn Michigan) and Continental Bank (Chicago).
- Chief of External Relations at the World Bank (European Office in Paris).
- Bank’s Chief Spokesman and Director of the Information and Public Affairs Division (1990, Washington, responsible for relations with a wide range of external constituencies).
About GLOBALGLOBAL is a unique collaboration regarding a free publication with the world’s best business schools. www.globalbusmag.com
Where? Hotel Pullman Brussels - Victor Hortaplein 1, 1060 Bruxelles
When? 21 April 2017; 12 May 2017; 19 May 2017
When? 21 April 2017; 12 May 2017; 19 May 2017
- € 2.850,00 (combi 3 DAYS)
- € 2.570,00 (combi 3 DAYS - members STIMA, IAB, BDMA)
- € 1.290,00 (DAY 1 of DAY 2)
- € 1.165,00 (DAY 1 of DAY 2 - members STIMA, IAB, BDMA)
- € 890,00 (DAY 3)
- € 805,00 (DAY 3 - members STIMA, IAB, BDMA)